Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Love Milwaukee, but.....

   Lived here all my life, this city is a gem. Downtown is a great and vibrant. More development is coming, a new arena and other projects of note. Admittedly, I don't
get down there as much as I would like. But I live in the county, just on the edge of the city.
I can be there in 10 minutes. But it is impossible to get my old friends to come in to town.
   They have all left...all of them. Mostly to Waukesha county, some further than that. Milwaukee has always been segregated, and it seems like it is getting worse. Milwaukee has been the original "White Flight" test case. 
    I like being in a diverse neighborhood. The lily whiteness of all but Milwaukee and Dane county is unsettling to me...Waukesha and Ozaukee counties makes me break out in a rash...

No comments:

Post a Comment